Join Our Team!
City of Paws Pet Care is a growing dog walking & pet sitting company located in Manayunk, Philadelphia. We are seeking responsible pet lovers in the Northwest Philadelphia and/or Lower Merion area to join our team as a part-time dog walker & pet sitter. All candidates must meet the following qualifications:
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Warm, caring, and patient pet lover
- Great communication skills
- Experience in pet care preferred (owning pet's counts!)
- The ability to work independently and manage time wisely
- Own a smartphone with internet access
- Neat, tidy and respectful while in our client's homes
- Preferred 21+. Will accept applicants that are 18 years of age or older
- Must have your own reliable transportation (a personal insured vehicle)
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Must be generally available Monday-Friday 10am-2pm for dog walking, and some nights and weekends for pet sitting (on an as-needed basis)
- Must be willing to work most of the holidays throughout the year (holiday pay is added onto your normal rate) - if you know you'll be unavailable for certain holidays, please let us know
- Live in or near our service areas (see below)
- Willing to service all of our service areas: Philadelphia neighborhoods of Manayunk, Roxborough, East Falls, Andorra & Wissahickon, and the Eastern Main Line towns of Ardmore, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills, Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne, Merion, Narberth, Penn Valley, Penn Wynne and Wynnewood
- Please do not apply if you have time constraints that will make you generally unavailable during the times listed above, and please do not apply if you are out of town for most holidays. This position requires you to be very flexible. As pet sitters, we adjust our schedules to make sure our client's pets are able to receive the best care when their owners aren't home!
- Our sitters must be willing to have a flexible schedule with varying pay. There are breaks in between pet sitting/dog walking assignments, and some days are heavy with assignments while other days are light. This position is not for someone that is looking for a set amount of pay each week. That said, we will give you as many jobs as you are willing to help with - we are a growing company that needs your help!
- We expect all of our sitters to service all neighborhoods that are listed above; however, we will aim to schedule assignments as close to your home address as possible.
- You will be compensated on a bi-weekly basis based on how many pet sitting/dog walking assignments you complete within that period of time.
- This job requires walking outdoors for extended periods of time, in all different types of weather (unless unsafe for you and the pets). This job requires bending, lifting, pulling, and standing on your feet.
Thank you for your interest!
Please complete the below application and attach your resume. Once we receive your information, we will be in touch within 5-7 business days.