Cancel your gym membership - become a dog walker! Join our growing team!
Who are we?
City of Paws Pet Care is a growing dog walking & pet sitting company located in Manayunk, Philadelphia. Established in 2016, we are quickly becoming the preferred pet care provider in our service area and we need your help to keep the momentum going! We are seeking responsible pet lovers in Northwest Philadelphia and/or Lower Merion to join our team as a part-time dog walker & pet sitter. All candidates must meet the following qualifications:
Who is the ideal candidate?
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Warm, caring, and patient pet lover
- Exceptional communication skills - must communicate effectively with management and clients
- Experience in pet care preferred (owning pet's counts!)
- Professional and punctual
- Has a flexible schedule
- Ability to work independently and manage time wisely
- Willing to work in all weather conditions
- Willing to work for at least 12 months - this is not a temporary job!
What is the employment opportunity?
There are two job positions open for immediate hire:
- Dog Walker/Pet Sitter for Lower Merion: must live within or very close to Bala Cynwyd, Merion, Wynnewood, Gladwyne, Ardmore or Narberth. This position will primarily service our Eastern Main Line clients
- Dog Walker/Pet Sitter for NW Philadelphia: must live within or very close to Manayunk, Roxborough, East Falls, Wissahickon or Andorra. This position will primarily service our NW Philadelphia clients
Receive warm greetings with wagging tails and kisses. Spend your days providing peace of mind to people by walking their dogs and taking care of their pets. No need for that monthly gym membership - earn an income while working out!
While you are out walking pups alone, you're not alone in this! We'll make your schedule, provide you with pet sitting insurance and bonding, workers compensation insurance, pet first aid & CPR, and years of experience. We'll even pay those pesky taxes for you via your paycheck (no W9/1099's, this is a W2 position). We protect our employees and want you to be successful in this role. Your responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Individualized walks for each client's family of pets (most walks are 1-2 dogs, although we've walked up to 4 dogs at one time)
- Meet and exceed client requests with a positive attitude
- Treat animals in your care as if they were your own
- Respect client homes and belongings
- Follow your schedule and complete assignments with documented notes through our pet sitting software
- Communicate any questions and concerns to management
What are the job requirements?
- Live in or very near our service areas: Northwest Philadelphia or Lower Merion Township
- Must be generally available Monday-Friday 10am-2pm for dog walking, and occasional nights and weekends for pet sitting for extra income (on an as-needed basis)Own a smartphone with internet access
- Must have your own reliable transportation (a personal insured vehicle)
- Enjoy walking several miles a day (at your own pace)
- Must be willing to work most of the company holidays throughout the year (holiday pay is added onto your normal rate)
- 18 years of age or older
- Successfully pass a full criminal background check
Additional job information:
- Ideal candidates are willing to service all of our service areas: Philadelphia neighborhoods of Manayunk, Roxborough, East Falls, Andorra & Wissahickon, and the Eastern Main Line towns of Ardmore, Bala Cynwyd, Belmont Hills, Bryn Mawr, Gladwyne, Merion, Narberth, Penn Valley, Penn Wynne and Wynnewood
- Please do not apply if you have time constraints that will make you generally unavailable during the times listed above, and please do not apply if you are out of town for most holidays. This position requires you to be very flexible. As pet sitters, we adjust our schedules to make sure our client's pets are able to receive the best care when their owners aren't home!
- Our sitters must be willing to have a flexible schedule with varying pay. This is a part time job that provides supplemental income. There are breaks in between pet sitting/dog walking assignments, and some days are heavy with assignments while other days are light. This position is not for someone that is looking for a set amount of pay each week. That said, we will give you as many jobs as you are willing to help with - we are a growing company that needs your help!
- We expect all of our sitters to service all neighborhoods that are listed above; however, we will aim to schedule assignments as close to your home address as possible.
- You will be compensated on a bi-weekly basis based on how many pet sitting/dog walking assignments you complete within that period of time.
- This job requires physical activity, including walking outdoors for extended periods of time, in all different types of weather (unless unsafe for you and the pets). This job requires bending, lifting, pulling, and standing on your feet.
Please fill out the online application below. We will follow up with you if we feel you are an ideal candidate after reviewing your completed application. Please do not call to ask about the position; we're out walking dogs, that's why we need help! Thank you for your interest!
Please complete the below application and attach your resume. Once we receive your information, we will be in touch within 5-7 business days.